Lone Rock Chapel (Seabeck, WA)
Once the community's one-room schoolhouse, Lone Rock Chapel now is owned by the congregation, with services held each Sunday. The Chapel sits on a promontory that once overlooked two historic markers and the busy intersection of Seabeck Highway and Anderson Hill Road.
One of those historical markers - the Lone Rock sign carved into a log - has since toppled, but the other - a another log with the words "SUNDAY SCHOOL" carved into it - sits right outside of the entry into the church.
Pastor John Brady has shepherd the LRC family for 10 years now and the church is associated with Village Missions.
A building has occupied our property since 1882, though most of today's structure was added in the 1950s and 1960s.